The NDACT Connections Service (hosted in Northern area by Start 360) acts as the operational arm of the Northern Drug and Alcohol Coordination Team (NDACT); assisting the Team to take forward its priority actions and to work with other stakeholder organisations and partnerships in the area to develop and deliver drug and/or alcohol related projects, events and initiatives
Early intervention and prevention services
This section gives information on education and prevention services available across Northern Ireland which address drug and alcohol issues or concerns. These services are available in a number of settings such as in schools, workplaces, community and youth centres and clubs with many providing free drug and/or alcohol focussed awareness-raising advice, materials, sessions or programmes.
Delivery of age-appropriate life-skills and harm-reduction programmes to vulnerable young people using, or at-risk of using, substances
The One Stop Shop Service provides a youth friendly, holistic health and well-being service where young people, aged 11-25, have opportunities to socialise and to get advice and support on a range of issues
A peer education service which identifies young people using, or at risk of misusing, alcohol and encourages them to participate in a 6 week diversionary course and which can also provide alcohol awareness sessions in youth settings
YES is a holistic health and well-being service for young people, aged 11-25, and is funded by the Public Health Agency. It provides:
- A walk in service for information, support and signposting on a wide range of health & wellbeing issues.
- A safe social space for young people in Ballymena town centre thorugh a Drop In service.
- Activities promting positive health & wellbeing - fishing, crafts, football, health & fitness programmes.
- Volunteering and development opportunities with our Youth Forum, with training and support provided.
- C Card Sexual Health Service for 16-25 year olds - providign free condoms, dental dams, femidoms and lube.
- A venue promoting young up and coming musicians with regular Gig Nights
- An outreach service supporting local schools and youth groups
- Peer led group duiscussions/workshops on issues impacting young people
Parents and children participate in the 7-week SFP, both separately in the teen and parent sessions, and together in the family sessions. The programme aims to promote a healthy parent and child relationship by improving communication, bonding, parental monitoring and rule setting.
Health promotion and improvement publications and resources
The DACT Connections Service (hosted in Southern area by Start 360) acts as the operational arm of the Southern Drug and Alcohol Coordination Team (SDACT); assisting the Team to take forward its priority actions and to work with other stakeholder organisations and partnerships in the area to develop and deliver drug and/or alcohol related projects, events and initiatives
Delivery of age-appropriate life-skills and harm-reduction programmes to vulnerable young people using, or at-risk of using, substances.
NMDAP deliver a range of education and prevention packages to communities, service providers and individuals across the Newry and Mourne area - we also offer a specialised black and minority ethnic drug and alcohol service which covers the whole SHSCT area, and facilitate the work of the Civic Alcohol and Drug Forum in partnership with Newry & Mourne District Council