The One Stop Shop Service provides a youth friendly, holistic health and well-being service where young people, aged 11-25, have opportunities to socialise and to get advice and support on a range of issues
Early intervention and prevention services
This section gives information on education and prevention services available across Northern Ireland which address drug and alcohol issues or concerns. These services are available in a number of settings such as in schools, workplaces, community and youth centres and clubs with many providing free drug and/or alcohol focussed awareness-raising advice, materials, sessions or programmes.
YES is a holistic health and well-being service for young people, aged 11-25, and is funded by the Public Health Agency. It provides:
- A walk in service for information, support and signposting on a wide range of health & wellbeing issues.
- A safe social space for young people in Ballymena town centre thorugh a Drop In service.
- Activities promting positive health & wellbeing - fishing, crafts, football, health & fitness programmes.
- Volunteering and development opportunities with our Youth Forum, with training and support provided.
- C Card Sexual Health Service for 16-25 year olds - providign free condoms, dental dams, femidoms and lube.
- A venue promoting young up and coming musicians with regular Gig Nights
- An outreach service supporting local schools and youth groups
- Peer led group duiscussions/workshops on issues impacting young people